He and I are just sitting there breathing heavily not even realizing what just happened. I turn around and his face is blank. My other brother is just looking at us his face blank too.
2 weeks ago my brother that lives in the U.S. with me had driven into Mexico for summer break. We were there for the first time meeting the other half of the family. We didn’t know our Step brother and sister. Our step brother is only 5 months older than me but it doesn’t look like it. Our step sister on the other hand is 3 years older 16.
The day was great sunny, partly cloudy, and there was a small breeze. We decided to go to the top of a small mountain. When we got to the top we noticed an old white crumbling abandoned shed made of cement.
So we decide to get on top to see the view when we get there it looks like about 150 feet from the ground. So we start messing around my brother sees a soccer ball stuck on a branch 3-4 feet away from the edge. He lies down and reaches over and starts slipping. I franticly jump and try to catch him. I felt like the luckiest person on earth when I caught his foot and pulled him back up.
“What were you thinking?” I said.
“I don’t know I just wanted the soccer ball.” he said.
“So what your life is worth for the ball?” I said
After we realized we were supposed to be home we ran home. When we got there my brother was scared to tell my parents so we didn’t. After that experience I felt like I had become some one more important. I felt like I had to do more for the family, I felt like some one new.
No comments:
Post a Comment