Tuesday, February 1, 2011
"Broken" by Maria De La Torre
The park was empty, so empty like a ghost own. The nearby traffic, but yet still a feeling as if someone was watching us. Once we got to the top of the ramp I get a feeling that I can’t explain, but somehow I know this can’t be good. All of a sudden I find myself falling off the ramp. My heart is beating. I can see the ground closer. When I hit the floor I have this horrible pain on my arm. Then I suddenly realized that my arm was broken. I try to get up but do not have the strength for it. My brother comes sliding down the ramp. My brother begins to feel bad because he was the one that pushed me off the ramp to begin with. He drives me to the hospital in such a rush; he passes about 3 red lights. When we get to the hospital all that is going through my mind is, am I going to be okay, and what is going to happen. My brother is also very worried. All he kept repeating was, “I’m sorry” and “What am I going to tell mom”. All there was left to do was wait and see how everything works out. Hopefully everything works out for the best. My brother knew my parents were going to be upset with me, more with him than be but still pretty upset. I was very scared. My parents never approved of the whole skateboarding idea. They knew if I tried it I would get hurt, well they were right. So I knew I was in big trouble, but I guess this was karma for not listening to my parents. After I get the cast on my arm the doctor enters the room and tells me there’s someone here to see me. I had a great fear that it was going to be my parents. My brother walks through the door. He tells me my parents think were at the park still. The doctors tell him he can take me home now. My brother tells me we have to tell my parents the truth. There’s no way we can hide a broken arm from them. We get home and my parents see my arm. Surprisingly they aren’t angry but worried. We told them the story and me and my brother got grounded for two weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment