I walked into the room, scared, terrified, and worried. I’m looking at him with all those tubes all over his face barely being able to see his face. I look over at my mom. She’s talking to the doctors and crying like I’ve never seen her cry before. I get scared just by seeing him pale, with purple lips, with his eyes closed and breathing through the tube in his mouth. I walk out of the room. I hear the doctors saying “We need to get him to surgery, but I don’t think he’ll be able to make it.” My mom started breaking down in tears the doctors were telling her “You might want to start saying goodbye because there is a really good chance that he will die here in the operating room tonight.”
I heard that he was drunk and supposedly fell on a flower pot. He broke his ribs and had internal bleeding. A few minutes later he collapsed. Everyone thought that he was just drunk so they let him stay on the couch. But I guess someone thought that something was wrong so they dialed 911. Good thing, because if they would of waited 5 more minutes he would have been dead.
My uncle almost died that night. I never thought something like that would happen. Not to him. It was the night of the Super bowl. It was around 12:00 at night when my mom got the phone call. She answered the phone, I couldn’t hear what was happening but I knew it was something bad the moment I saw the look on her face. She hurried and hung up the phone, put a sweater on and ran out the door. I stayed in my room all night thinking about all the good times, all the bad times, funny and sad times.
No comments:
Post a Comment