Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"The Baby" by Maria Olmos

He was so cute, so innocent. I was holding him in my arms, that day he closed his eyes and never woke up. That was the last time I held him close to me. I can still hear him crying for me every night. Even though he didn’t live that long I still see him lying down on my bed sleeping.
  It was one day that my cousin came home crying, “what’s wrong?!” my aunt asked. She wouldn’t say nothing at all just tears came running down her cheeks. I was at the kitchen with my mom helping her make dinner. I heard my aunt yelling and crying at the same time, I didn’t know what was happening.
  Later on that night I asked my cousin why was she was crying and why was my aunt yelling at her. It was silent for a minute, then she started crying, “I’m pregnant” she said. I was shocked, I never knew my cousin would get pregnant at this age, she was only 15 she was really shy, quiet, straight A’s person, and  it seemed like she lived in her own world. I didn’t say anything, I was speechless it seemed like I didn’t have a mouth to speak.
  7 months pasted and one day we went to the doctor, after that my cousin told me seriously “if I have the baby I want you to keep it for a while maybe until he’s six months old.”  “What?!” I said almost yelling.  “ what you heard.” She said. I didn’t want to say anything because I didn’t want any problems.
Time pasted and my cousin had the baby.  We talked to the doctor because my cousin told us that the baby was sick. The doctor told us that the baby had this sickness (I forgot the name though.) and that he wasn’t going to live that long. Everybody in the room started crying and praying . l
Three months pasted and one day the baby wasn’t breathing I was scared and I yelled for help the baby was purple. My mom and I took the baby to the emergency room about two hours pasted and the doctor told us that he was sorry and that the baby had passed away. I started crying and my cousin did too well everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment