Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"My Crisis" by Yodany Meza

When I was looking at some games I looked back and my parents were gone. At first I thought that they were close by but they were not. I was only 7 years old and didn’t know much English, I know sucks for me. I knew I was lost because I don’t know the store very well so that means that I’m lost. I searched for them but I didn’t know where they were so I just waited at the game area, I thought they were going to come back where they left me. 2o minutes passed and I was frightened, I told this lady if she could help me she said, “What!! I don’t understand you and I can’t hear you because the roaring of the water fall”. I knew what she said so I said, “Please help me por favor and what water fall” then she just stared at me like I was from somewhere else.  She said, “Do u speak English?” I said, “Yes but very little”. After so much talking she finally said, “Alright ill help you” so she took me to some place where kids get lost and I ate some candy that she gave me. I told her “when is my family getting here” she looked at me strange then she said, “oh u want me to call your family?” I just looked at her then I said, “Well why you bring me here if just going to stare at each other, hurry call them before I finish my candy”. She pressed a button and when she started to talk I could hear her voice all over the store, after that she asked for my name I told her my name and she told me her name was Carly she looked like 20-25 years 0ld. 5 minutes later my parents came and at the exit door this old lady said, “Thank you for shopping at Wal*Mart please come again later or whenever u want to sunny”. I said in my mind “Why would I want to come again, maybe because the old lady likes me and she wants to check me out or because they like to give lost kids candy…... yeah maybe”.  I walked out and kept on thinking of maybe coming back just for the candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment