I was just sitting there, with no self control what so ever. Letting all my tears just burst out of my eyes. I felt so small so unknown to the world, like if I didn’t matter. Just sitting there watching my perfect life go by, the worst part, I couldn’t do anything about it. As I was lying on the bed I was trying to let all my feelings out. If I only knew what they were.
I looked at the family portrait hanging on the wall. We all looked so happy and so united. But things change and not everything stays the same. Now we had problems, we no longer had time for each other, and everybody depended on nobody. WE chose for our own self, we didn’t get advice, or emotional support. But it wasn’t all bad we still had those family moments. You know the ones where you wished time could stop for a second. Time was essential to our family and we tried to spend as much of it together. My family wasn’t stable we were going from house to house, state to state, and school to school. It very quickly caught up with me and became too overwhelming. After the third time changing schools I promised myself that I would try not to make close friends because I knew that fairly soon I would have to say good-bye. It was my eighth grade year when it seemed like my family was finally in a permanent home. I thought that maybe things would change so I became very close and personal with my three best friends. Rosario, always happy and crazy makes me the same way and I love it. Alondra, there for me when I needed her the most to bring me up. Columba, the one to go to for advice and always knows the right thing to say. My grades were going good; improving was exactly what I was doing. So I had it the perfect friends, the perfect school, and the perfect life. If only I had known ahead of time that I would have to leave them soon.
My mother and I were sitting in the living room watching TV. As I got up to pick up some CDs that had been on the floor my mom very enthusiastically said, “hey Stephanie guess what I did today!?” “What,” I said. She said “I enrolled you to a new school!” Very angrily I threw the CDs at her (without hitting her) and ran to my room. I couldn’t control myself for about the next half hour I didn’t know what to do. Should I go back and apologize, should I stay mad, or do I run away? At this point none of these were really options the only thing that could come to my mind was that fact that my own mother did that to me. After she had known how hard I wanted lifelong friends and how hard I had worked to earn their trust, friendship, and loyalty. I don’t think she knows how I feel to this day; I just hope that someday not just my mom but other families can realize how hard it is to be moving, transferring, and changing life styles too often. I know some people say that change is sometimes good but too much of it can really damage a human being.
No comments:
Post a Comment