Time was running out. Everyone is yelling we need to score lets go. How could we be losing ? The coldness burns my hands. Feels like frozen vegetables. As I stand on the side line thinking about ate season undefeated. No one could touch us then Skyline the tea that gave us the most trouble. How it was such a grind to play them so many of are players and there got injured during that game.
Championship game we kick off first we stop them about the 20 yard line everything is going good we did the panther jacks loud we are all pumped up ready to play. We stop them on defense they have to punt we go three and out just like them it goes back and forth like this no score. Then the play happened they pitched it out to the running back its coming to my side I slowly start to move my feet to him I still have the blocker on me but I move passed him like nothing but one move and the same way I passed the blocker he pass me.
Now he’s passing every one chasing him down we couldn’t stop him that one play left us 0 and them 7. The same play we practiced for so long that one play we knew was coming and failed to stop it. I look down at the brown snow thinking why? If the weather was better we would be winning it seemed as if the weather was on their side.
Knowing we did not play well in snow. Time was running out and we need to score but they had the ball there is nothing we could do they had already kneed the ball. How could we lose we had the best players we were bigger in size and had the best running backs but that one play that we could not stop. We all huddle on the side line under a big tree tears fall like the snow. Some more than others I keep my helmet on not wanting any one to see me cry I was mad blaming everyone and everything for our lose then I think to myself its that one play the came my way that I couldn’t stop it was me that made us lose he was right there in my arms and I missed him. That one play.
No comments:
Post a Comment