Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"My Father's Memories" by Jasmine Ortiz

            One day I was about 10 years old when this happened receiving a phone call from my grandma saying “that my dad has passed away.”  So we tried to get our pass ports as soon as possible when it was March 19 2008 the day of my birthday we had missed our flight and we stayed in Arizona for one night the.
             I went  to Mexico we went to go visit my grandma  then we went to my dad grave with my grandparents ,and my sister we were all sad ,  with we had bought him some  flowers to put on top of his grave .I couldn’t believe that my own father was dead .
when it was time to go I didn’t want to leave I wanted to see him one more time and go back to the past when I was a little girl just sitting in his lap laughing and having a good time but now I can’t even say the thing that I wanted to say before but I know that he will always be in my heart and I will always have the memories of the times I was with him.
I will always remember the stories that my mom told me about him but the good thing is that I still have pictures of him and I will always remember the time that I went to go visit him in Mexico.
It was also such a great experience to go to Mexico also because
It was the first time I have ever been to Mexico and have ever been to my grandma’s house that died in January as well but before my grandma was dead we saw her for the first time a year before she had died.
            When we went to Mexico it was so much fun my dad’s side of the family was so nice to us because they haven’t seen us ever since we were about 1 or 2 years old.
but visiting there was so much fun because they also told us great stories about my dad as well and he was a great guy after when we had to leave from my grandma’s house they gave us a picture of him something to remember him by and now until this day I still have him in my heart and a picture of him on a picture frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment