Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"Untitled" by Thi Doan

     I was helping my cousin with the officers, while my sister and her friend go take care of my other cousin.  We were in Downtown after watching Despicable me at Gateway mall, while I was in the car with my cousin.  My sister and her friend Triny go to my other cousin’s car named Marcella. We start to drive, then my cousin asks me “Thi, call Marcella and ask her where she wants to eat and when.”, I say “okay.” I call her, she picks up, while I was talking to her, all of a sudden I here screaming from the phone, then I turn over and see a huge truck hit my cousin’s car. I remember seeing my cousin getting out of the car puking all over; I guess she was in shock.
       Me and my cousin jump out of the car and head over there. I was panicking; all I was thinking about was if they were okay and not hurt nor injured. The man in the truck gets out of his car and says “I’ll call the cops!” I don’t even respond. I open the door and see that my sister was all pale; I asked her if she and her friend were okay. They said yes. While my cousin was trying to calm down Marcella.
        We start to hear sirens then from the corner of my eye, I see the cops and ambulance. They asked us if we were all okay, obviously we said yes. They cops were just asking us questions about what happened and if our parents knew that we were driving. This made a huge impact to my life, all I know is that your life could be taken away by the littlest things you do. And that don’t call anyone while they are driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment