Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"The Basketball Champions Comes To An End" by Dallyn Kenner

             It was the end of the game.  Fans cheering, clapping, and suddenly the buzzer went off.
            This game was played at Bountiful High School and I remember in between the bleachers was a huge, gynourmous B for Bountiful.  The color of the basketball court was red and tan.  It was our championship basketball game. It wasn’t much of a game, we lost by 20. It was very depressing.  It was the Utah Hustle versus the Utah Hoops.  My team was the Utah Hustle, we had seven players on our team.  Our whole team usually gets togeather on the weekends or breaks off of school and plays basketball at a church.  Then usually after that we go hangout get in the hot tub and play games. I don’t know the Hoops very well but they are a good team.  I remember one time I had the ball and I had an assist and the crowd went crazy like a lion chasing its prey and eating it. That’s how crazy they were like.  The coach told me
          “Dallyn, get the ball back for us!”
          “Yes coach I will try” I said.  I stole the ball and I went for a fast break and the coach was in a good mood even though we were losing by a lot.  The coach wanted someone out there who would run even though they were getting smacked so I told the coach
           “Put me in coach, im ready ill give you all I have!”  It was the end of the game and we came back but then the Hoops went on a run and we lost by 17.  The coach was yelling at us and our whole team was depressed that we lost because it was the championship game.  At the end of the game we gave the Hoops a cheer and gave them high fives while they were celebrating we were depressed and sad.  This lost made our team want to practice more and get better at what we like to do.  I hope this story encoureged you to go harder when you are in a very bad moment.  “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would, some make it happen” Micheal Jordan.

No comments:

Post a Comment