Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"Her Last Day" by Cristian Ramirez

“She is dead”, I said “but how did this happen.” “Well she fell and hit her head so hard that she got tumors.” Well I don’t understand 2 months ago she was perfect she looked healthy. My mom told when the weeks passed by she got worse it got worse that she got paralyzed she couldn’t even talk. Everything was fine because she came for some vacation to Utah with 2 of my cousins.
 She had a good time and great laughs. But they only stayed here for a month. Then we went to Las Vegas because my dad’s brother my uncle would pick them up. I started my 6th year than it ended we heard that she fell and hit her head but she said that she was alright. She went to the doctors and they told them what she had, but she didn’t tell my uncle what she had. She told them that she was alright. She said she wanted to go Mexico. 
Over there is where she got worse.  My dad was so sad that we spend our vacation over there. We went to see her, my dad would stay there all day until it was time to leave because she needed to rest as well. We usually left half an hour before 12 it was dark and I needed sleep. Sometimes my dad didn’t want to leave so we had to call a taxi luckily there were one that was right outside.
So we went into my godmother’s house and we slept there. Usually we had to walk to my godmother’s house. The next day we went to see her. When I saw her I always want to cry so I go outside and I do go cry. She looked like an innocent afraid baby.
The days passed by and we have to come to Utah. Because school was going to start. We got here and when we were here exactly a week. We got the news I heard by the phone “She is dead” I know what they were talking about. So I started crying, “How are we going to tell dad” I said but she didn’t have an answer.
We had to tell him so when he got out of work we told him. We immediately started packing to go Mexico we traveled it was a silent no one spoke the whole way. Until we go to phoenix to meet with my uncle. He and my dad hugged than we said goodbye. We traveled for almost a day 18 hours, than we reach the house where she was. At first they didn’t let me in but lastly I did.
There she was with her tuxedo she look so bored in there. There was ice under her when it all melted we would go to mass and pray for her. She was on a car but we had to walk all the way over there it took an hour but I didn’t want to leave her alone. I stayed in mass about 10 minutes because I went to see my grandfather from my mom’s side part of the family. They bought me nachos and chips. My mom called me so we could go to the cemetery. We walked all the way there. When we got there I said goodbye. Let her sleep peacefully. I would never forget her face I would never forget my grandmother. She was brave fought for what wanted she always give her opinion. My grandmother was very brave I would never forget that about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment