Monday, January 31, 2011

"Without a Father" by Jennifer "Ash" Flores

The police officer took his hands and cuffed him. My brother, making eye-contact with my father probably wondering, “Why, w y did you do this?” Another officer grabbed his phone and called my Mother to come and pick up her son. It was 2 a.m. My mom hated to be disturbed, that’s why she would always make me sleep in the living room. My mom began to yell and I was shedding tears. I thought it was bad enough she didn’t want me in the room, now she’s yelling at some cop?!
She went to my dad’s house and picked him up. She left me home, I still didn’t know what was going on so I went to sleep. Earlier that night, I had called my father because I was having nightmares. I told him that I had a Dream that I was going to get killed by dolls, and there was one where was close to slashing my throat. I was 8 I dreamt the stupidest things. I heard no response, and he hung up.
Other Law enforcements removed the 50 lbs. of Marijuana they found in his truck. With my dad in jail I didn’t know what I was going to do.
My father and I, we were the closest any father and daughter could be (Typically, known as best friends.) He’d take me to his work, watch Cartoon Network all the time, and go on vacations together. Now, I’m stuck with my brother (which leaves with his friends) and my mother (who doesn’t have the time to spend with me.) At 13 you’d think it wouldn’t matter, I’ve spent 5 years without him being there Imagine what another 5 more would do.
The next day my mother explained to me what had happened. Clearly, I was in shock. I told my mom to take me to the prison where he was being held. She said no. I begged she just wouldn’t let me. I understand why she wouldn’t want to see him. They’ve gotten a divorce. Who would want to see their Ex, especially when they are in Jail?
          My father had called, after. He too, explained what happened, but when I heard it from him, I burst into tears. I was thinking ahead in life. What was I going to do without a father?

No comments:

Post a Comment