Monday, January 31, 2011

"The Killer Cancer" by Caleb Van Duren

             As I was watching my mom looking at her with tears coming from her eyes, I couldn’t help but think is it her time already? My grandma laying in her hospital bed lazzily, not saying a word. It seemed that everything in her room was blue. Which seemed to be calming me down a little. I was listening to her heart rate machine. A slow steady ping one after another. They seemed to be getting slower and slower and slower, but I couldn’t tell and I didn’t want to think that all I wanted to think is that she was going to get through this.
            My grandma was a very nice person. She always seemed like she was happy. Even though she was strugling with cancer. I never knew she had cancer until now. She always seemed like she had nothing wrong with her, but she had a major problem, cancer. She would always take care of us, she would help us, feed us. That’s what made everybody love her. Me and my family always had fun being with her, but in all that fun she was really suffering. Just waiting for that last day, but for us she seemed like she could go on forever. But the truth was, her day was coming, sooner than we thought.
            As I was listening to the heart rate machine, whitch seemed like it was getting slower and slower, my mom was talking to my poor grandma.
“Come on mom you will make it, you can get threw this.”
“Sorry but I dont think I will.”
“But you have to mom you have to get threw this!”
“listen, I love you so much and this is going to be my last chance saying it.”
“No mom you will get through this.”
“You have taken care of me well, but now its my time to go. I love you.”
“No mom, you can get threw this…. Mom? Mom noo mom come on.’’
            As soon as she finished her sentence, her heart rate machine went blank. And all you could hear was the annoying blank sound of the heart rate machine. Going on and on. All the nurces rushed in. After about an hour of waiting the nurces came back out to tell us that my grandma, was still alive. My mom started crying again. We went back in to talk to her. The nurse said there might be a chance she can get threw it. But as soon as she said that myy grandma died.

No comments:

Post a Comment